The Act provides a legislative framework for those practicing agrology in the province to regulate their qualifications, conduct and practice. The British Columbia Institute of Agrologists is recognized. Application procedures for membership are described under Membership. The composition of the council for the Institute and the terms of the councillors are stated.
The latest revisions to the Agrologist’s Act were adopted in May 2004.
To read the Agrologists’s Act in its entirety, go to the Ministry of Agriculture’s website at http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_03013_01
The Act gives the Institute the authority to make regulatory and administrative bylaws, which are approved by the Institute’s members.
BYLAWS were adopted May 12, 2004 Amended: May 7, 2015
Bylaws and Schedules
Printable versions of the BCIA Bylaws and Addendums are available below.
The BCIA Governance Manual is divided into 12 sections in addition to Schedules A, B, and C.
The Strategic Plan 2013-2018 forms part of the Governance Manual.
Governance Manual Table of Contents
- Section 1 - History of the BCIA
- Section 2 - Strategic Plan
- Section 3 - Governance and Management Philosophy
- Section 4 - Councillors & ED/Registrar Code of Conduct
- Section 5 - Committee Policies
- Section 6 - Committee Terms of Reference (approved updated TOR's for Committees)
- Section 7 - BCIA Act and Section 7 - Bylaws
- Section 8- Members' Code of Ethics
- Section 9 - Council Contact List & Committee Composition
- Section 10 - Staff Organization Chart & Contact List
- Section 11 - BCIA 2013 - 2018 Strategic Plan
- Schedule A - Fees
- Schedule B - Travel and Other Expenses
- Schedule C - Code of Ethics