The British Columbia Institute of Agrologists recognizes BCIA members and others who have made outstanding contributions to the field of agrology. The awards are presented annually at the Institute's Annual General Meeting and Conference.
2016 Award Recipients
Congratulations to the following recipient awarded at the BCIA Conference & AGM in Prince George, May 2016.
Agrologist of the Year 2015
Awarded to Andrea Gunner, P.Ag.
Rules governing BCIA awards are as follows:
The following procedures apply for nominations for the BCIA "Agrologist of the Year," and other Institute “Recognition Awards."
1. Nominations may be made:
- over signature of three Agrologists, or
- by a branch of BCIA, or
- by council of BCIA, or
- by the awards committee appointed by BCIA council.
2. Knowledge of nominations shall be held strictly in confidence by those making or reviewing the nominations
3. Nominations must be supported by documentary evidence as to the experience and accomplishment of the nominee.
4. Nominations are to be forwarded to the Registrar, BCIA, and are to be postmarked not later than January 15th.
5. Unsuccessful nominations may be re-documented and submitted again in subsequent years.
BCIA awards may be presented in the following categories:
Agrologist of the Year
To recognize and pay tribute to an Agrologist who has made a significant contribution to British Columbia agriculture, natural resource and environmental science. Nomination guidelines for Agrologist of the Year
Mentor of the Year
To recognize and pay tribute to a member of the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists who espouses the values of being a BCIA mentor. Would be a member of the Branch hosting that years BCIA Conference & AGM. Nomination guidelines for Mentor of the Year
Distiguished Professional Agrologist Award
Awarded for meritorious service to the BCIA over the recipients career.
BCIA Recognition Award
To recognize and pay tribute to a member of the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists who has demonstrated exemplary service to BCIA.