**Applications are closed for the 2020 BCIA Scholarships**
Do you know a student attending a BC post-secondary agrology-related program? Pass along the information!
To support future agrologists in achieving their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists will award up to $1500 in scholarship(s) in the category of graduate and up to $1500 in scholarship(s) in the undergraduate category annually.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria (for 2020)
Scholarship applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled in a degree program of study related to agrology in a recognized British Columbia post-secondary institute
- Undergraduale students have completed at least 2 years of an undergraduate degree program and are full-time
- Graduate students may be full or part-time students (no fewer than 2 courses)
- A student member or Registrant of BCIA (Complete student member application)
- Canadian or permanent resident of Canada
- B+ average academic achievement in previous 2 years (minimum of 15 courses) of post-secondary degree studies
Applicants must submit an essay that answers the question: What does Agrology mean to you?
All applicants must first be accepted as a Registrant or student member of BCIA before submitting their application. Scholarship recipients may have their photo and essay published in BC Institute of Agrologists promotional materials.
Applications deadline is October 30, 2020. The BCIA Communications working group will review eligible applications based on their essay submission. The scholarships will be awarded by Dec. 15, 2020. Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Scholarship applications must include official unopened transcripts and be post-marked no later than October 30, 2020. If a post-secondary institute provides official transcripts in electronic format, please have those emailed to email@example.com. Electronic transcripts must be received no later than Oct. 30, 2020.
Mail to: Scholarships, BC Institute of Agrologists, 110 - 2800 Bryn Maur Rd, Victoria, BC V9B 3T4