Applications for the 2021 BCIA Scholarships are being accepted until Friday, October 29, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
To support future agrologists to achieve their career in agrology, the BC Institute of Agrologists annually awards up to $1500 in scholarships in each of two categories: graduate and undergraduate respectively. View Previous Scholarship Recipients.
2021 Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree program related to agrology at a recognized British Columbia post-secondary institution;
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least two (2) years of an undergraduate degree program and be full-time students;
- Graduate students may be full or part-time students (with no fewer than two (2) courses);
- Be a student member or registrant of BCIA ;
- Be Canadian or be a permanent resident of Canada;
- Have B+ average academic achievement in the previous two (2) years with a minimum of 15 courses, towards post-secondary degree studies.
Applicants must submit an essay of 750-900 words that answers the following question:
"One word that defines agrology in BC is diversity. BC has a diverse geography, which influences our natural environment and fosters wide-ranging areas of practice in agrology. In addition, diverse education, training, and experiences define the body of professionals who practice agrology in BC. Focusing on one area of diversity, describe and discuss how it is an asset to the profession of agrology in BC."
Submissions will be evaluated on idea development, essay presentation, style, staying on topic, and understanding of the profession of agrology.
All applicants must first be accepted as a registrant or student member of BCIA before submission of their application. Scholarship recipients will have their photo and essay published in the BC Institute of Agrologists' promotional materials, social media and website.
The applications deadline is Friday, October 29, 2021. The BCIA Communications working group will review eligible applications based on the essay submission. Scholarships will be awarded by December 15, 2021. Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: Scholarship applications must include official unopened transcripts and be post-marked no later than Friday, October 29, 2021. If a post-secondary institution provides official transcripts in digital format, have the transcripts emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the educational institution. Digital transcripts must be received no later than Friday, October 29, 2021.
- Email applications to: email@example.com, with official e-transcripts or hard copy official transcripts to be sent by the post-secondary institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org before Fri, Oct 29, 2021, at 11:59 PM; OR
- Mail applications, post-marked no later than Friday, October 29, 2021, with sealed transcripts, completed application form, and essay to:
BC Institute of Agrologists
110 - 2800 Bryn Maur Rd
Victoria, BC V9B 3T4