United Flower Growers (UFG) is a Co-operative Association of flower grower members and works as a floral industry association with members and non-members alike. Located in Burnaby, BC it serves as a hub to sell flowers and plants by means of the auction and other selling mechanisms within or outside of its premises.
The co-op also serves as a service to its members by dealing with multiple Industry/ Association Issues that directly impact growers and shippers. Currently there is a position available for an Executive Director – BC Floral Industry Activities:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
INDUSTRY AND ASSOCIATION WORK:
- Work with the Board of Directors and in collaboration with other Associations and Councils on multiple issues that impact the welfare, growth and public awareness of the BC floriculture industry.
- Be aware of and provide direction and coordination for funding or program implementation related to our industry in order to improve the well-being of BC flower growers
- Communicate programs and awareness of public or regulatory issues relevant to growers
- Meet with government and agencies on issues such as energy, labour, pesticide registration, international trade; in order to manage or create policy on issues that may impact the industry
- Arrange for member/grower meetings, educational events and activities that improve grower and public awareness.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work with Board of Directors and develop productive relationships with other associations and government agencies and politicians
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop solutions to industry challenges
- Ability to be hands-on as well strategic.
This is a part-time position and currently requires approximately 2-3 days per week of contracted time commitment. Wages to commensurate with experience.
Posting Closes: October 30, 2020