The Administrative Assistant provides support to the Deputy Registrar and all other functions of the BCIA office. This is a permanent part-time clerical position of up to 29 hours per week, with the possibility of becoming full-time in the future. The position is during the business week with flexible hours and is located in Langford, BC. Salary is $21 per hour.
Clerical support for Deputy Registrar
- Complete administrative tasks relating to the articling program
- Update member information on database
- Compile member materials
- Assist with compilation and processing of applications
Clerical support of BCIA Office
- Reception duties
- Register registrants for events and process registrant fees
- Print and frame certificates
- Mail duties: preparing mail items, post office and mail distribution
- Maintain confidential records, files and archives as directed
- Order office supplies
- Order couriers upon request
- Contact members with non-functional emails or phone numbers to update
- Update member information in database
- Create multiple binders from a sample and supporting documents
- Assist with special projects as requested.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Competent in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with databases is an asset
- Familiarity with Adobe Indesign® is an asset.
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Typing speed of 40 wpm or better
- Works well in a small team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Office administration certificate/diploma or equivalent preferred.
Deadline for application is 4:00 pm, Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Apply by email with cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries can be directed to Julia at email@example.com