The BCIA Financial Administrator maintains the finances and accounts for the provincially authorized BC Institute of Agrologists including the collection of revenues and member dues, accounts payable and receivable, staff payroll, bank reconciliations and year end reconciliation. Knowledge of SAGE and Excel software is required. Excellent attention to detail is a must.
Financial Responsibilities and tasks:
- Perform financial processes according to financial policies
- Maintain BCIA financial records by identifying, verifying and recording financial transactions.
- Receive and record all revenues
- Generate cheques to pay invoices and expense claims
- Use SAGE bookkeeping software to maintain and record all accounting operations
- Process online, credit card and cheque expenses/revenues
- Reconcile BCIA monthly bank statements and prepare a monthly statement of accounts
- Reconcile branch financial transactions and provide monthly statements to branch treasurers/treasurers
- Process employee payroll as per timesheet, and process direct deposits
- Report and pay employee taxes, EI, CPP to Revenue Canada on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain regular financial reports and budgets as required by the Executive Director
- Perform fiscal year end accounting procedures
- Prepare and provide all required financial documentation for financial auditors
- Maintain financial security and integrity by following internal accounting procedures
- Collect membership dues and record in membership database to generate receipts
- Provide support and guidance to branch treasurers and executive on branch financial operating procedures and processes as required
- Support administrative functions of the BCIA office as required
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of accounting and bookkeeping procedures required
- Knowledge of Sage (Simply Accounting) required
- Competence in Word and Excel required
- Post-secondary education in business or office skills preferred
- Understanding of databases and website development (basic HTML) preferred
- Experience with of online payment systems preferred
This is currently a 12 to 15 hour per week position. Remuneration ranges from $22 to $25 per hour according to skills and experience. Some flexibility in work hours can be negotiated.
Application deadline: Monday, June 17 by 4:00 pm. Submit cover letter with resume to email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.