Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and oneof Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Contaminated Sites Scientist in our Whitehorse office. You have some environmental consulting experience in contaminated site assessments and an understanding of the regulatory environment in the Yukon. You want to work in a dynamic team environment and actively contribute to a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Soil, surface water, vapour and groundwater quality investigations.
• Field surveys and occasional travel to remote locations.
• Data management, analysis and reporting.
• Building professional relationships with clients and regulators.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree in environmental science, hydrology, physical geography, earth science, chemistry, or water resources.
• Minimum 2 years' post-graduation experience with contaminated sites science;
• Excellent written and spoken communication.
• Proficiency with software for word processing, data management, and presentations.
• Ability to work well under pressure, track progress on multiple tasks, and meet deadlines within a team environment.
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards for the practice.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, you can forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Rebekka Lindskoog at email@example.com; please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
Education - Bachelor's Degree
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.