Newcrest Mining Limited, a global mining company and Australia’s largest gold producer has recently expanded its footprint into British Columbia as the operator of a Joint Venture company, Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited.
Newcrest Red Chris Mining Limited has an opportunity for an Environmental Coordinator, Technical Lead within the Environment Department. This position is for work at our mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications and Experience
- Designation or articling membership for one of the following regulated professional organizations: P.Ag or A.Ag (BC Institute for Agrology); RPBio (College of Applied Biology BC); similar professional designations considered.
- BSc Required; MSc in ecology, aquatic biology, environmental toxicology, or other related field strongly preferred.
- Formal training or experience in fisheries management a plus.
- 5 years experience in an Environmental Technician OR 2 years experience in an Environmental Coordinator role in mining or similar heavy industry
- Aptitude for critical thought and scientific data interpretation
You must have working rights in Canada to apply for this role.
To apply, please visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/373/caw/en/job/978680/environmental-coordinator-technical-lead by November 22, 2019