Job Id: 2021-010
Ecofor Consulting Ltd. is a natural and cultural resource management company with a team of over 60 professional and technical employees. Ecofor’s reputation is one of integrity, sound work product, and customer satisfaction. Safety is priority and our employees are our number one asset. We strive to promote from within, supporting professional development and career growth.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a dynamic team of professionals? Do you want a challenging, rewarding career that makes a positive impact on our local communities, or want to build skills and develop strong relationships?
If this interests you, Ecofor is currently seeking Environmental Monitors to join our team (location flexible). The successful candidate could be based in the town of one of our offices, or, from their own home and Ecofor would fly the candidate to and from the job location for rotating work shifts.
This is a full time position offering competitive wages, extended health benefits (medical/ dental/ vision) and vacation. Work would be primarily camp or hotel based, in BC and Alberta.
- Review, monitor, and implement environmental management plans for construction.
- Develop, review and implement effective environmental mitigation measures.
- Monitor compliance with regulations, approvals, and project commitments, including water quality and other general day to day environmental monitoring activities.
- Make and implement recommendations with regard to Erosion and Sediment Control.
- Respond to environmental incidents.
- Work with client Environmental Inspectors/ Coordinators and construction teams to ensure construction is compliant with environmental best practices, commitments, permits, laws and regulations, and develop recommendations to resolve non-conformances.
- Prepare client deliverables, including daily, weekly, and final Environmental Monitoring Reports, as required by clients or regulatory and permit conditions.
- Promote a strong safety culture and work collaboratively within Ecofor’s corporate culture.
- Degree (BSc.) or Technical Diploma in biology, forestry, agriculture or environmental studies.
- Accreditation (or eligibility) with the Association of BC Professional Foresters (RPF), BC College of Applied Biology (RPBio), Alberta Association of Professional Biologists (PBiol), Alberta or British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (PAg), or the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (ASTTBC).
The following qualifications would be considered assets:
- CISEC or CESCL (Erosion and Sediment Control Association of BC)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Practitioner (ESCP™) from VOI Training Group
- Erosion and Sediment Control Planning and Design (ESCD1™) from VOI Training Group
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of relevant experience as an environmental monitor on major construction projects (e.g. pipelines and other oil and gas projects, transportation infrastructure, mining, watercourse crossing, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal, Provincial, and Regional environmental best practices, laws and regulations.
- Experience with the development and implementation of best management practices relating to Erosion and Sediment Control, watercourse crossings and water quality, and mitigation measures for amphibians, birds, and other wildlife.
- Experience with spill response and associated reporting.
- Ability to identify and manage issues within a construction environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with agencies, clients, contractors and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Physical fitness and ability to travel and work in remote settings under adverse conditions.
- Proficiency in the operation of field equipment is an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Please apply online at https://www.ecofor.ca/careers/ or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2021. Please include the Job ID number(s) you are applying for in your cover letter/ resume.
We wish to thank everyone for their interest in Ecofor; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.