Job Type: Full-time permanent
Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for an Environmental Scientist in our Calgary office.
Your experience is related to wetland ecology and project management. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of field and office-based tasks which will require knowledge in the methods for wetland delineation and classification and plant (including rare and noxious) species identification. Knowledge and experience with Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Plans is an asset.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company. Our growing Calgary office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Managing projects and project tasks.
- Managing and executing wetland field delineation programs.
- Managing and executing vegetation surveys, including rare plant surveys.
- Creation of Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Plans.
- Providing guidance to team members and clients that reflects industry best management practices and best available science.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Preparing high quality reports and contributing to proposal writing.
- Providing technical assistance, where applicable, on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Supporting the development of the team and mentoring staff.
What you will bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree (B.Sc.) in a pure or applied science (e.g. Environmental Science, Land Reclamation, Botany, Wetland Ecology), graduate degree (M.Sc.) preferred.
- Professional registration, or eligibility, with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists or Alberta Society of Professional Biologists.
- Preferred professional certification by CPESC (Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control)
- 5 - 7 years post-graduation experience in environmental consulting.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting wetland assessments and proficiency with plant identification.
- Excellent project management, leadership, and mentorship skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills; strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- A strong understanding of relevant provincial and federal legislation, regulation and permitting processes related to technical background.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a genuine interest in working as part of the team.
To apply, please visit the webpage at Associated Environmental. Position open until filled.