Environmental Scientist/ Engineer/ Geologist – Contaminated Sites - ( 21000219 )
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job: Geologist - GIT
Organization: BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 21000219
We have an immediate opportunity for a Field Lead and Project Manager (Site Investigation, Remediation & Response) to join our dynamic Environmental Services team in British Columbia. As a key member of the team, you will work with the team to further solidify our project delivery and technical excellence and work with senior management to help determine the future direction of the group. This will include providing technical direction and guidance and identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
• Actively participate in promoting a strong health and safety culture in the team
• Support clients in various sectors including insurance and commercial real estate, all forms of government, and the natural resource sector, including oil and gas
• Project management or coordination of Phase I, II, III ESAs, Stage 1 PSI and Stage 2 PSI/DSI, remediation projects; as well as applications under the BC Contaminated Sites Regulations for regulatory instruments including Approvals in Principal and Certificates of Compliance
• Organize field programs, including subcontractor agreements, scheduling, equipment resourcing, etc.
• Field implementation of Phase I, II, III ESAs, Stage 1 PSI and Stage 2 PSI/DSI investigations, remediation projects; as well as applications under the BC Contaminated Sites Regulations for regulatory instruments including Approvals in Principal and Certificate of Compliance
• Provide technical insight, guidance, and review on project deliverables, including management of scope, staffing, budgeting, scheduling, and health and safety
• Provide mentorship and training junior members of the Team
• Collaborate across disciplines including Indoor Environments, Environmental Assessment, Geotechnical, Atmospheric Sciences, and Water Resources across Stantec Canada offices
• Pursue and lead proposal and project efforts within the Site Investigation, Remediation & Response team in British Columbia, including the development of work plans, associated scopes and budgets, and the procurement and retainment of necessary subcontractors
• Work with leadership to continually assess the direction of the practice
• Participating in (when required) marketing and business development meetings along with client account management.
Education and Experience
Minimum of five years of directly applicable experience as an Environmental Professional, with experience in contaminated sites investigation fieldwork, project management, and technical writing including Phase I, II, III ESAs, Stage 1 PSI and Stage 2 PSI/DSIs, remediation reports.
A University degree (Bachelor or Master's) in Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Engineering.
Possession of, or eligibility for, a professional designation (e.g., P.Eng., P.Geo., P.Ag., etc.) is considered an asset.