What we're looking for
We are looking for an environmental technologist, scientist, engineer or geoscientist with a minimum of three to five years experience in contaminated sites assessment and land remediation or a similar role. We are a multi-discipline company so skills in habitat assessment or environmental construction management will be considered valuable. The focus of this role is contaminated sites and remediation and we would like to hear from applicants who are interested in building or continuing a career in this area of practice.
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, Detailed Site Investigations
- Land Remediation Planning and Coordination
- Sampling soils, water, groundwater and soil vapour
- Coordination of subcontractors
- Technical report writing and data interpretation
- Out of town and overnight work sometimes in remote and active work locations
- Minimum Technical Diploma and/or BSc in Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, Environmental Engineering, Reclamation and/or Remediation
- Attention to detail and quality assurance
- Membership or eligibility for membership with BCIA, ASTTBC or EGBC
- Working knowledge of provincial and federal environmental legislation related to contaminated sites
- Employer RRSP Contributions
- Medical Health Services Plan
- All relevant professional dues are paid by Sage annually
- Professional Development Opportunities
Sage Environmental works to protect and enhance resilient natural systems, we provide effective, durable habitat restoration and comprehensive land remediation solutions for governments, communities, industry and private individuals. Our service area generally includes the Okanagan, Shuswap, Thompson and West Kootenay regions of BC.
Sage is a small and dynamic team of employees and contractors. When adding to our team we want to find members that are keen to undertake continual professional development. Our focus on professional development and relationship management is done so that we can form long-term high value connections with staff, clients and service providers.
Sage works in a distributed fashion, all employees are enabled to work from home or the available office space in Vernon as they see fit. We will provide you the tools you need to do the job including a computer, appropriate office equipment as needed, office supplies and personal protective equipment. Sage was created as a lifestyle focused employer and we actively seek to help staff cultivate a healthy work-life balance.
You are looking to develop your career for the long-term in contaminated sites and land remediation. You are up for the challenges presented by working in a small consulting firm. This requires a high level of collaboration with cross discipline professionals and outstanding communication skills both oral and written. You understand your limitations and are not afraid to ask for help or advice when necessary. You genuinely love to see a job done well and take pride in your work product. You are entrepreneurial by nature, a critical thinker, and a problem solver. You live or plan to locate yourself in the Southern Interior of BC. You are physically fit and have a vehicle that you are willing to use for work purposes. You have a positive intent and willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Email an introductory note and resume/cv/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you meet our needs on paper we will contact you for a screening interview.