Synergy Land and Environmental Services Ltd. is looking for a highly motivated individual to build and lead our agrology division. Get in on the ground floor to help create the work culture you want.
As a Professional Agrologist, you will be a key team member focusing on Agricultural Assessments, Schedule A and B Assessments, Contaminated Site Assessments, and Environmental Monitoring. You will have the opportunity to work on projects for our major client sectors, including: oil and gas, agriculture, First Nations, forestry, mining, transportation, energy, real estate development/redevelopment, and provincial/federal government agencies.
- Professional Agrologist (P.Ag.) designation (BC Institute for Agrology and/or Alberta Institute of Agrology);
- registered, or eligible for immediate registration, in the Province of British Columbia
- minimum five years’ agrology experience
- five+ years of consulting experience or equivalent
- Class 5 driver’s license
- ability to develop detailed scope of work to support our clients in meeting regulatory requirements
- ability to liaise effectively with landowners and regulators
- managerial experience is preferred, including effective management of schedules and budgets
- understanding of Oil and Gas Commission requirements
- keen observational eye for field details
- excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- strict adherence to all company policies and procedures
- participation in and strict adherence to company and clients’ HSE policies and procedures
General duties include:
- data driven permitting and regulatory support services
- agricultural land capability, remediation and improvement projects
- Schedule A and B assessments
- due diligence reviews for real estate/land transactions (Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments), as well as contaminated sites and regulatory liaisons (Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigations, detailed Site Investigations and remediation for regulatory clearance)
- erosion and sediment control planning, project implementation, field guidance
- environmental and agricultural remediation monitoring
Synergy Land and Environmental Services Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive remuneration.
When applying, please refer to Job Posting NOV2019SYNENVAGRO by January 15, 2020. Submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Human Resources via email: email@example.com. We thank all applicants. Only those candidates possessing the above qualifications will be considered and only those shortlisted will be contacted.
For more information please visit, www.synergylandenv.ca, for additional information in regards to services Synergy Land and Environmental Services Ltd. provides.