Inspector of Mines, Permitting Career Opportunities
$68,008.54 - $85,592.73 annually
Multiple Locations, BC:
Cranbrook, Nanaimo, Prince George, Smithers, Victoria,
The Inspector of Mines - Permitting is responsible for the review and issuance of permits and authorizations for all exploration and small mines in the region under the authority of the Mines Act. This position inspects mines to monitor compliance of mining and reclamation activity, manages consultation processes with other agencies, assesses environmental risk, and sets reclamation bonds.
Qualifications for this role include:
• Degree in Mining Engineering, Geology, Natural Resource Management or a related discipline from an accredited institution, and a minimum of three years of current experience related to mineral exploration or mining operations. Preference may be given to candidates with this experience involving a broad range of mining activities including exploration, access construction, mining methods, and/or mine reclamation.
• Registration (or immediately eligible* to be registered) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of BC, the Association of BC Forest Professionals, or the BC Institute of Agrologists. *Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional member in an applicable jurisdiction and able to transfer that current membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
• Must possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 Driver’s Licence or equivalent.
• Preference may be given to those experienced with First Nations’ consultation processes.
• Preference may be given to those experienced with reclamation activities.
For more information and to apply online by September 20, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/80104