Triton Environmental Consultants Ltd. (“Triton”) is seeking an enthusiastic, highly-motivated environmental scientist/agrologist to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. Our existing projects encompass Western Canada and will provide the successful candidate with exciting and rewarding opportunities for career development.
Triton is an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government. Our clients look to us to provide a wide range of scientific, technical, and management expertise that merge to provide practical environmental solutions. Triton’s offices are geographically situated to provide effective service delivery within Western Canada. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises environmental professionals specializing in aquatic and terrestrial biology, soil science, vegetation ecology, environmental assessment, environmental auditing, environmental monitoring/inspection, and resource management.
Triton will provide you with a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading soil-related field programs and providing technical support to project managers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading pre-development, phased environmental site assessment, and reclamation field programs
- Contributing specialist expertise to multi-disciplinary projects
- Writing high-quality reports, cost estimates, and proposals
- Providing technical leadership within a team environment
- Liaising with clients, regulators, and contractors
- Working collaboratively within Triton corporate culture
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Skills and qualifications include:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in environmental science, soil science, agriculture, or related field
- This position requires membership, or eligibility for membership, in the BC Institute of Agrologists
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience with soil classification and mapping using the Canadian System of Soil Classification
- Experience with phased environmental site assessments, reclamation assessments, and/or contaminated site assessments
- Knowledge of provincial regulatory guidelines (i.e., Alberta Tier 1 & 2 Soil and Groundwater Remediation Guidelines, 2010 Reclamation Criteria)
- Experience in scoping and budgeting projects and writing proposals
- Adept in the operation and maintenance of required field equipment
- Effective technical writing skills, including reporting and document review
- Proven ability to work long hours in the field with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Detail oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style
- Superior problem-solving skills, with the ability to think outside the box
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Experience operating off-highway vehicles
- The following would be considered assets for this position:
- Regional regulatory contacts
- Technical and regulatory experience in British Columbia and Saskatchewan
- Business development experience and the potential to bring new work opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity sounds like you, and you are serious about joining a progressive team of environmental consultants, please apply with a resume and cover letter.
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
Competition Reference: ISSC-1118
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.