Hatfield Consultants is seeking an intermediate Hydrologist or Water Resources Professional to become part of our team and provide field, technical, and project coordination support for the design and implementation of hydrology components of Hatfield’s energy, oil and gas, mining, and infrastructure projects in British Columbia, Alberta and the Yukon.
Location: Calgary, AB
* Membership, or eligibility for membership, in the BC Institute of Agrologists is a requirement *
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, prepare, participate in and/or lead hydrologic monitoring programs, including hydrometric station installation, data logger programming, surveying and streamflow measurement.
- Interact with a multidisciplinary team to assess potential project-related and/or climate change related impacts on water resources and environmental values. This may include supporting the coordination, implementation and/or evaluation of other water resource (e.g., hydrogeologic, water quality, climate) monitoring programs.
- Compile, manage and assess data.
- Support permitting activities and draft proposal preparation.
- Draft technical reports.
- Mentor junior water resource technicians responsible for conducting ongoing monitoring programs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Mandatory requirements for this position include:
- B.Sc. or technical diploma in engineering or sciences with some prior formal training (e.g., coursework) in hydrology.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience including design, coordination and implementation of hydrometric monitoring programs.
- Experience and interest in field work. Field work in remote locations is required.
Prior training or experience with the following is also considered an asset for this position:
- Soil, sediment, and groundwater sampling.
- Climate monitoring.
- Hydraulic and Water Quality modelling.
- BC and/or Alberta Environmental Assessment and permitting processes.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV describing your experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Please indicate “Intermediate Hydrologist – Calgary” in your subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.