At Golder, we thrive on challenges. Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture. Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is seeking a dynamic Junior Engineer/Scientist to assist on air quality and greenhouse gas related projects as part of the Atmospheric Services Team in the Vancouver office .
An overview of your role will include:
- Assisting with air quality assessments, as part of a larger group and consists of: emission inventory development, data analysis, calculations, atmospheric dispersion modelling and reporting
- Field work including source identification, data collection, ambient air quality, meteorological and noise monitoring, (instrument set up, calibration, data acquisition and analysis)
- Meteorological model preparation and dispersion modelling
- Assisting on multi-disciplinary projects with data analysis and reporting
- Greenhouse gas quantification and management
- Climate change assessments
- Sustainability related projects
You will have a background in:
- Have obtained, or are working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering, or Sciences
- Experience or interest in environmental consulting, in particular air quality, greenhouse gas, climate change and sustainability fields
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Possess as valid driver’s license and the ability to drive as required
- Well-developed computer skills
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
Position open until filled. To apply, please visit Golder.