A challenging and rewarding opportunity in natural resource management
Salary $58,806.85 - $73,579.13 annually
This position is also posted as a STO under REQ 65256.
Currently available: 2 permanent positions
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development has a mandate to manage specified Crown land and resources in a manner that embraces the economic, environmental and social goals of government. These results are all essential to improving the global competitiveness of BC industry and our ability to attract private investment and to stimulate economic growth and job creation across the province. As the Licensed Authorizations Officer, you will work in a variety of settings and provide professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
You enjoy researching, analyzing and evaluating information for the development of strategic land management plans. Allocating Crown land in a way that ensures its best use and minimizing its effect on other values, you utilize your knowledge of resource management and superior negotiating abilities. Effective communication skills are necessary when liaising with other agencies, leading conflict resolution, and resolving disputes with diverse stakeholders over the use of Crown land and other natural resources. If you are a motivated natural resource management specialist with the expertise and initiative to take on this important role, we look forward to your application.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in a natural resource field or equivalent as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (e.g., Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia).
- Minimum of 2 years related experience working in natural resource management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Valid BC driver’s licence
To learn more, including how to apply online by August 28, 2019, please visit: