Salary 58,806.85 - $73,579.13 annually.
This position is also posted as a STO 24 under REQ 63378
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land and natural resources, and protection of B.C.’s archaeological and heritage resources.
The Skeena Regional Initiatives Division has an opportunity for a Land and Resource Coordinator at the LSO2 level. The primary focus of the position is to support the development of creative management solutions to strategic resource management issues and support of the Provincial Caribou Recovery Program. Reporting to a team lead and working in a variety of settings, the Land and Resource Coordinator works in diverse teams; gathers and manages complex natural resource data, completes analysis and develops options; provides advice to statutory decision makers; facilitates and coordinates projects; and engages directly with a wide variety of stakeholders to support land/resource management decisions and resolve complex stewardship issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in the resource management field, plus 2 years of related experience; OR a Diploma in the resource management field, plus 3 years of related experience working in a natural resource discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
- Must be registered or immediately* eligible for registration as a fully licensed registered professional with one of the following associations: Association of BC Forest Professionals, BC Institute of Agrologists, or Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC. *Immediately means you are currently a fully licensed registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP, the BCIA or the APEGBC).
- Advance training in project management.
- Preference given to those with experience providing project management support to a remote, multi-disciplinary team.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of a major project.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and leading consultation sessions.
For more information and to apply by September 16, 2019, please go to: