$61,182.54 - $77,067.27 annually
This position is also posted as a STO 24 under REQ 78758.
Bring your operational expertise to this unique opportunity
The Licensed Resource Officer reports to a section head or excluded manager and working in a variety of settings, the Licensed Authorizations Officer provides professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector. Reporting to a section head or excluded manager and working in a variety of settings, the Licensed Authorizations Officer provides professional advice and may make decisions regarding the allocation of resources and adjudication of resource authorizations for the Natural Resource Sector.
As a Licensed Resource Officer, you will be working in a fast paced and a collaborative team environment. Interested applicants must bring a strong concern for order, excellent communication skills and the ability to identify and understand complex issues while providing excellent service to the public and colleagues alike.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it-9laHaKyc&feature=youtu.be.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in natural resource management or related field as recognized by the relevant association.
- Registered, or immediately eligible* for registration, as a fully licensed professional with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (i.e., Association of Forest Professionals, BC Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia)).
*Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional in another Canadian jurisdiction, and able to transfer that membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Experience performing technical duties and/or working with key statutes that support natural resource management.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and/or resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Experience implementing legislation and/or policy in a natural resource sector.
For more information and to apply online by August 16, 2021, please go to: