LSO AGRL 2 - Invasive Plant Agrologist *Posting Amended* (57866)
Salary Range : $57,653.70 - $72,008.82 annually effective February 3rd, 2019
Close Date: February 12, 2019 Job Type: Regular Full Time
Union: Yes - PEA Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> FLNRO and Rural Development
Job Summary: Invasive Plant Agrologist, Licensed Science Officer (Agrologist) 2
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification. An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
Bring your commitment to excellence in resource management practices. The Invasive Plant Agrologist provides expert professional advisory services and program administration for the Invasive Plant Management Program and related policies and procedures.
Located in the heart of the Selkirk Mountains, Nelson is home to a large variety of outdoor activities, and its proximity to Whitewater Ski Resort allows for skiers of all levels to test out the Nelson powder. Nelson is known as an arts, heritage and cultural centre, hosting events all year long such as Marketfest, Art Walk, and numerous theatrical and musical productions.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on February 12, 2019.
- Bachelor of Science in Natural Resource Management or a related field (e.g. Range Sciences, Agriculture, or Environmental Sciences) with at least two years of related experience.
- Registered, or eligible for immediate registration, as a Professional Agrologist with the BC Institute of Agrologists.
- Operational experience in invasive plant management, and range management, forest and range ecology or vegetation monitoring.
- Experience in planning, preparing and delivering oral presentations and training to diverse groups inside and outside government and experience conducting effective meetings.
- Preference may be given to candidates that have operational Invasive Plant Management experience within the last 5 years.
- Preference may be given to candidates that have a valid Pesticide Applicators Certificate – Industrial Vegetation Management and Noxious Weeds.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, GO TO https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57866