We are looking for a Senior Mine Closure and Reclamation Specialist to join our team. You will work on a variety of interesting and challenging projects across Canada and internationally. As an expert in mine closure planning, you will bring your technical expertise, sophisticated regulatory understanding, leadership skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit along with a keen interest in growing and evolving the business and mentoring staff.
About the role
- Providing technical and regulatory support to mining projects and mines, working seamlessly with multi-disciplinary teams, including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, biologists, and engineers.
- Providing expert technical support and advice within and outside of the organization on mine closure and reclamation.
- Playing an active role in identifying, planning, and executing proposals and other business development opportunities.
- Mentoring and developing staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Environmental science
- Recognized as an expert in mine closure / reclamation with a dedication to and passion for your discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience providing technical advice within the mining sector.
- PAg., P.Geo. or equivalent professional designation in BC or ON and preferrable other Canadian provinces and territories.
- Consulting acumen, including an entrepreneurial spirit, strong self-direction, and overarching belief in client satisfaction.
- Strong writing skills and experience writing and costing mine closure plans and reclamation plans.
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and training staff.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, with proficiency in a second language including French or Spanish an advantage.
Hemmera, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausenco, is a leading Canadian environmental consultancy valued for our expertise and boutique approach. With a reputation for integrity and technical excellence, Hemmera offers comprehensive environmental services to a broad range of clients across Canada.
By providing quality services to our clients, Hemmera has earned the opportunity to take on challenging projects, which allows us to continue to add to our roster of exceptional professionals, contribute to scientific and regulatory dialogue, and give back to the communities where we live and work. With primary office locations in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Whitehorse, and Toronto, we have established a strong project presence across Canada.