Triton is growing again and looking for capable individuals to take us to the next level. Are you someone who is looking for a challenging and supportive working environment and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth? If so, we might be just what you are looking for.
We are currently seeking a Professional Agrologist / Project Coordinator with the right mix of experience and expertise to join a well-established team of environmental consultants in our Vancouver office. Duties include working closely with project team members, managers and technical leads to help deliver major organizational projects efficiently. Administrative tasks, document and information distribution, report collation, and communication support are all part of this position.
We are an employee-owned environmental consulting firm with nearly 30 years of experience responding to the environmental needs of resource developers across all sectors, as well as all levels of government.
What does that mean to you? We have deep roots in our communities, strong relationships with clients and regulators, and a track record of helping projects get built responsibly. We control our own destiny and promote a people-first culture. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package and a management team dedicated to promoting your personal and professional growth along with a challenging and supportive working environment.
This is a busy and demanding role working with project managers, supporting a client base ranging from regional clients to multi-national oil & gas and mining/resource-based companies, to government, First Nations, power management, and transportation firms.
Specifically, you may be required to:
- Attend all project team meetings/conference calls and prepare and distribute minutes
- Coordinate information distribution to the project team
- Review/enter employee timesheets, prepare and check accuracy of monthly project invoices
- Assist with project scheduling and ongoing management of the schedule
- Monitor subcontractor contracts and performance
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure milestones are met and deliverables are completed on time
- Develop and distribute project status reports as well as regular project reporting requirements
- Track budgets, costs, and progress benchmarks
- Plan and organize project reviews, stakeholder meetings, and events
- Ensure project quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) procedures are followed
- Organize and help to prepare project presentation materials
- Administer field health and safety programs and ensure project and company safety requirements are met
- Ensure regular reporting and communications are maintained that strengthen relationships with clients
- Proposal writing, data/records management, mandatory reporting
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in in soil science, environmental science, agriculture, or related field
- This position requires membership, or eligibility for membership, in the BC Institute of Agrologists
- 5+ years in related role (e.g., project assistant/coordinator, biological, engineering) with project experience in a consulting environment
- Certificate/diploma in business administration or project management (e.g., PMP) would be an asset
- Experienced in project management best practices for project tracking and cost-accounting needs, able to produce up-to-date status reports as required
- Proven abilities in coordination, maintaining project and document controls, data management, and submitting project reports
- Superbly organized and self-managed, able to deliver on time in a diverse and often demanding multi-project environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to expert in your abilities with desktop software (Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint), and adept at quickly editing and formatting complex documents
- A quick learner, easily adapting to new software applications, systems, and business processes
- Advanced skills in using financial software and spreadsheets including numerical analysis
- Effective writing skills, and ability to produce meaningful reports and proposals
- Strong problem solver able to address challenges with effective solutions that improve systems and/or relationships
- A positive and energetic demeanor