The Ministry of Agriculture needs your help to support our farmers, processors and Indigenous communities recover and adapt to COVID-19.
We are looking for Qualified Business Consultants to support the delivery of the B.C. Indigenous Agriculture Development Program and the B.C. Agri-Business Planning Program. A major advantage of qualifying as a business consultant for the Ministry of Agriculture is that eligible applicants to these programs can then access funding for your services.
Apply today through BC Bid: https://www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca/open.dll/welcome
RSO Qualified Consultants - Business Development Programs 11418
Some examples of how Qualified Business Consultants can support eligible B.C. farms, harvesters, and food processors through these programs:
· Applying for a loan from a financial institution, you could complete a financial recovery plan to model your cash flow and plan the most effective and efficient way to use the additional capital.
· Adapting to changes in one or more of your sales channels because on COVID-19 impacts, you could apply for a business strategy component to your recovery plan to pivot your business.
· Completing a cost of production analysis for new crop and/or livestock choices to pivot your business, mitigate risk and gain access to alternate marketing outlets.
· Financial analysis to support development of a value-added venture to process crops and/or livestock that you are not able to market through your previously existing market channels.
· Support to adjust human resource plans and policies to align with COVID-19 health and food safety requirements;
· Indigenous communities can complete agricultural feasibility assessments and conduct food security or business planning
Consultants with experience working with indigenous and rural and remote communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please forward on to other consultants who may be interested.
For more information about applying or these programs please reach out to Agribusiness@gov.bc.ca.