This position may be performed in one of the following communities based on operational requirements and availability: Cranbrook, Kamloops, Prince George, Smithers, Victoria
$77,507.14 - $96,936.36 annually
The Reclamation Manager is the BC provincial expert in the field of mine reclamation and remediation practices and leads the review and assessment program related to mine reclamation and remediation for all mining projects in the province. The position supervises a team of specialized technical staff and professional contractors to meet legislative requirements and support an environmentally responsible mining industry.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Advanced University degree (Masters or PhD) preferably in Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Biology or Agrology; or acceptable combination of education/formal training.
- Must be Registered, or immediately eligible* for registration (within 6 months of employment) with a British Columbia Institute as a Professional Agrologist, Biologist or Forester.
- *Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional in another Canadian jurisdiction or another BC professional association referred to above, and able to transfer that membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Considerable experience in Mine Reclamation (minimum of 10 years) with practical, research and management experience in mine reclamation. This experience will include managing aspects of major mining reclamation projects, supervisory experience preferably at a senior level, budgetary planning and development of program-related performance measures and standards.
- Experience managing and leading a diversity of complex projects simultaneously, following accepted project management techniques.
- Experience with issues management, negotiation, and strategic problem solving, and providing leadership, expertise, and advice in the implementation of solutions to industry clients, internal staff, other agencies, senior management and executive.
- Experience developing, contributing to and/or evaluating new policies, procedures, corporate practices, legislation and regulations.
For more information and to apply online by October 6, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/64023
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.