Two full time, permanent positions are currently available. 1 position is located in Kamloops, and 1 position is located in Vernon.
$66,675.12- $83,659.51 annually effective April 12, 2020
A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Sector Development Branch identifies and promotes agriculture and food production/processing systems that are sustainable and enhance the economic benefits to the province. The Branch leads the Ministry’s agriculture business and industry development including initiatives with First Nations, new entrants, organics and food processing.
This position is a part of the Regional Development Services within the Sector Development Branch. Regional Development Services is comprised of Professional Agrologists that are the front-line contacts for the ministry.
Working with industry, local governments and communities, Regional Agrologists leverage regional attributes and encourage economic growth and stability in conjunction with social and environmental health through, innovation, adaptation and local market development. Through longer term relationships in the local community, strategic extension, and with a client service focus the Regional Agrologist provides effective implementation of ministry programs and initiatives. There is a high degree of independence and professional judgement expected of the Regional Agrologist position.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s degree in Agriculture or a related natural resource science.
- With a Bachelor’s degree, must have five years professional experience; OR
- With a Master’s degree, must have three years professional experience
- Preference may be given to applicants who have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Agriculture, specializing in farm business, livestock, crops or soils management.
- Registered as a Professional Agrologist, or immediately eligible* for registration as a Professional Agrologist, with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists.
- * Note: immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional Agrologist in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to the BCIA within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have the BCIA reviews their qualifications to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience directly related to agriculture in farm business management, animal, soils or crop practices
For more information and to apply online by April 6, 2020, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/68100