Request for Proposals relevant to agrologists and agrology are posted to this page in addition to 'NEWS'. Submit your postings for review to email@example.com.
Summerland Varieties Corp. (SVC) has issued a Request for Proposals to amalgamate SVC’s records into one geodatabase and create user-friendly interfaces, closing April 30, 2021. Please see the .pdf for more details /sites/default/files/imce/Job_Postings/RFP%20-%20Geodatabase%20Project%20%2826%20Mar%202021%29.pdf
Summerland Varieties identifies promising new tree fruit varieties and commercializes them for the benefit of the Canadian tree fruit industry. SVC protects and licenses the rights to grow apple and sweet cherry cultivars developed by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC). SVC also manages privately owned varieties such as the Ambrosia apple.
SVC’s mandate is to ensure that Canadian growers, packers, and marketers have a continual supply of superior tree fruit varieties and that Canadians have a competitive advantage in global markets. They achieve this goal by:
- Registering new varieties for Plant Variety Protection in global markets
- Collecting royalties on behalf of variety owners
- Enforcing the intellectual property rights of the variety owners
- Reinvesting domestic and international royalties into AAFC’s apple and sweet cherry breeding programs and related research
1. Farmland Advantage - Farmland Advantage is a research and development project that works with farmers to conserve and enhance critical, natural values in British Columbia, Canada. We assist hard-working farmers who look after their land, so the land can continue to work hard for us.
Many Canadians have seen their jobs affected by the COVID-19 outbreak. Now is the time to take advantage of the many employment opportunities available in the agriculture and agri-food sector. Search agriculture and food production job websites and employee resources by clicking on the above link.
L’emploi de nombreux Canadiens a été touché par l’éclosion de coronavirus (COVID-19). Il est temps plus que jamais de profiter des nombreuses possibilités d’emploi dans le secteur de l’agriculture et de l’agroalimentaire. Trouver des sites Web d’emplois et des ressources sur les emplois dans le secteur de l’agriculture et de la production alimentaire en cliquant sur le lien ci-dessus.