There is currently one (1) temporary vacancy available until March 31, 2022. This position may become permanent, to be determined January 2022.
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
$68,008.54 - $85,592.73 annually
Bring your commitment to excellence in resource management practices to this exciting opportunity
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is responsible for the stewardship of provincial Crown land and ensures the sustainable management of forest, wildlife, water, and other land-based resources. The Ministry works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies.
As the Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer, you will be providing professional services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects throughout the Northeast Region. You may also supervise professional and technical staff. If you’re ready to take on a new and exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Qualifications for this role include:
- A related degree in a natural resource discipline (e.g. agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, or other related discipline), OR, a combination of education/training and experience in resource management, including two (2) years at a senior administrative or management level.
- Must be registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area (e.g.: Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Engineers & Geoscientists BC). Note: immediately eligible is defined as being currently registered as a professional in an applicable jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to the BC professional association within 6 months of employment. If applicable, it is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ related experience in Natural Resource Management.
Related experience may include:
- Program/project leadership and management experience related to resource or environmental management, land administration or planning, including undertaking business process improvements.
- Experience analyzing complex information from multiple sources and making recommendations for new directions or policies, and preparing briefing documents, high level reports, and decision papers for review by others.
- Experience in a multiple stakeholders and partners environment understanding perspectives, conflicts, and facilitating / developing solutions.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience including successfully leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams.
For more information and to apply online by April 21, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/76110