Associated Environmental Consultants is part of the Associated Engineering Group of companies; employee-owned, Canadian and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We provide a wide range of environmental consulting services to a client base that is well diversified between public and private sectors. Our environmental science and management services are well integrated with those of our engineering colleagues, providing opportunities to work with talented people across disciplines and throughout western and northern Canada.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Contaminated Sites Professional in our Vancouver office.
You combine a contaminated sites background with a desire to work in a dynamic team environment on a variety of interesting and challenging projects. You excel in client and team communications and have an aptitude and interest in building a contaminated sites practice and team based from our Vancouver office. Project work and business development efforts may involve travel to other regions.
We offer a culture that promotes entrepreneurial spirit within the stability of a well-established company and our growing Vancouver office provides many professional development and advancement opportunities for those with an aptitude for consulting.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supporting the growth of our team through involvement with strategic planning for marketing, hiring and technical initiatives.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of contaminated site assessment and remediation work.
- Managing complex projects and providing technical oversight.
- Performing screening level risk assessments.
- Analyzing and interpreting data.
- Preparing and reviewing work plans, proposals, project reports, technical memos, and letters.
- Contributing to business development, including leading and assisting in proposal preparation, client contacts, and meetings.
- Building and/or leading our contaminated sites team and mentoring junior staff.
What you will bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in relevant pure or applied science; graduate (M.Sc.) degree preferred; eligible for professional registration or currently meets the application requirements (e.g., AScT, P.Ag., R.P.Bio, P.Biol., or P.Chem., P.Geo., P.Eng., or similar).
- 15+ years of post-graduation experience in environmental consulting specific to managing contaminated sites and 7+ years of experience in project management.
- Contaminated Sites experience must include Stage 1 and 2 Preliminary Site Investigation, Detailed Site Investigations, Site Profiles, and legal instruments methods according to BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy (ENV) as well as Phase I to III ESA (CSA Z768-01 and CSA Z769-00) assessment protocols.
- Experience working with CSAPs and Ministry issued instrument application processes for investigations that are subject to applications for legal instruments; reviews by Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals/ENV.
- Understanding of contaminant hydrogeology and monitoring well design and sampling and demonstrable experience in the assessment of soil and groundwater contaminant interactions, including the preparation of Conceptual Site Models.
- Soil vapour sampling, testing, and modelling experience.
- Site remediation (soil and groundwater) design, remedial action planning, supervision, and confirmation remediation reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and proficient at software for word processing, data management, and presentations.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines within a team environment.
- Ability to travel.
If you have the right background and would like to join a Platinum Club Member of Canada's Best Managed Companies Program, you can forward your resume and cover letter in confidence to Jennifer Privé at firstname.lastname@example.org; please include the position title and location in the subject line. If you wish to be considered for other similar positions, please create an account and apply through our application system. We thank all applicants, but will only contact those candidates selected for interviews.
Education - Diploma
AE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply. For applicants with disabilities, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are also committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and as such, it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes only.