$65,367.78 - $81,773.78 annually
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (FLNRORD) delivers holistic natural resource management and rural development programs and services for the Province of British Columbia. As natural resource industries expand across the province, the competition and conflict between resource use, wildlife and ecosystem values and First Nations rights is increasing. Balancing these interests is FLNRORD’s mission.
The Ministry supports the Government of British Columbia in its focus on building a true and lasting vision of reconciliation; and is committed to building and maintaining partnerships with Indigenous Peoples. The Northeast Region reflects this commitment in its collaboration with First Nations.
The Senior Licenced Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Combination of education and experience may be considered
- A degree or diploma in a natural resource discipline (e.g. agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, ecology, biology, environmental science, geography or other related disciplines); PLUS
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience in Natural Resource Management.
- Minimum of 2 years experience supervising staff.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience successfully leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams.
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (e.g., Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists,)
Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
For more information and to apply online by October 24, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/64167