Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer
$64,086.02 - $80,042.76 annually
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
1 position is currently available in Dawson Creek.
This position is also posted as an STO under Requisition 57713
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s agency responsible for land and resource management in BC, which includes the protection of the Province’s archaeological and heritage resources. Operating on a provincial land base of over 94 million hectares, the Ministry ensures the sustainable management of range, forest, wildlife, water and other land based resources; works with Indigenous and rural communities to strengthen and diversify their economies; and, supports activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural and social benefits.
Reporting to an excluded manager, the Senior Licenced Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications (range, forestry, etc.), conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position supervises professional and technical staff.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area. (e.g., Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists)
(Note: Immediately eligible is defined as being registered as a professional in another Canadian jurisdiction and able to transfer that membership to a BC professional association within 6 months of employment. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have their qualifications reviewed by the appropriate body to ensure they have the necessary requirements for registration.
- A related degree in a natural resource discipline (e.g. agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, ecology, biology, environmental science, geography or other related disciplines) OR; a combination of education/training (including public administration) and experience in resource management including five years at a senior administrative or management level. Plus the related experience listed below:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising staff.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Natural Resource Management.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience successfully leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams.
Related experience may include:
- Program/project leadership and management experience related to resource or environmental management, land administration or planning, including undertaking business process improvements;
- Experience analyzing complex information from multiple sources and making recommendations for new directions or policies, and preparing briefing documents, high level reports, and decision papers for review by others;
- Demonstrated experience in a multiple stakeholders and partners environment understanding perspectives, conflicts and facilitating / developing solutions.
For more information and to apply online by February 24, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57712
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.