$65,367.78 - $81,773.78 annually
This posting is also posted as a STO under REQ 64909
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s land manager; responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land, cultural and natural resources. The ministry has the primary responsibility for managing BC's water resources including authorizations, monitoring and forecasting.
The Senior Licenced Authorizations Specialist provides specialist services to the Natural Resource Sector in evaluating resource applications, conducting applied research, and leading or participating in complex projects. This position may supervise professional and technical staff.
Working for BC Public Service offers a competitive salary, diverse work environment, a healthy work/life balance, and excellent benefits. In addition to the base salary for Professional Employee Association members, there is an allowance to cover professional fees, strong dental and medical plans and much more. Salary listed does not include the additional 7% Overtime Shift Standby (OSS) provision that can be taken as taken as time off or salary on an annual basis which is on top of four (4) weeks annual leave.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Registered, or immediately eligible for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area.(e.g. Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia).
- Undergraduate Degree in natural resource management or a related field, or a Diploma in natural resource management or related field with a minimum of three years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Related experience working in natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management.
- Experience performing technical duties and working with key statutes (acts and regulations) that support natural resource management; preference may be given for experience related to water management.
- Experience leading a work unit (team) and directing the work of technical staff.
- Experience in consulting, negotiating and resolving conflicts with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Experience in developing and maintaining partnerships with First Nations, other levels of government, stakeholders, and industry.
- Experience managing First Nations or stakeholder engagement processes, negotiation, and public outreach.
For more information and to apply online by October 31, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/64908