Madrone Environmental Services Ltd. (Madrone) has an immediate opening for a Senior Professional Environmental Scientist at our Abbotsford or Duncan office. This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits.
Madrone is a well-established environmental services company offering our employees a flexible work environment as well as exciting opportunities to advance within their professions. Our interdisciplinary team of professionals include: Biologists, Foresters, Geoscientists, Geomorphologists, Hydrologists, Agrologists and Archaeologists. Working together, we help our clients achieve best use of natural resources while meeting environmental protection goals.
As a Senior Professional Environmental Scientist with Madrone’s Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) practice, you will be a key team member focused on the successful initiation to completion of projects, whose practice experience, organizational skills and leadership will play a pivotal role in our current breadth of ESA practice, and foster new opportunities to which our team can be applied. You will work with a team of professionals on a variety of initiatives to advance the efficiency of operations while providing valuable insights and support in the production of professional reports. As Madrone grows, so will the opportunities this position offers.
- Master’s degree in environmental earth sciences or engineering, or equivalent, preferred;
- Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo), Professional Agrologist (PAg), or Professional Engineer (P.Eng/L.Eng) registration in good standing, or eligible for immediate registration in the Province of British Columbia;
- Minimum 10 years of consulting experience or equivalent, focused on environmental site assessments, Contaminated Sites investigations and remediation, as well as practical experience with subsurface hydrology and quaternary geology. Agricultural land capability assessments and reclamation to agricultural standards would be an additional asset;
- Ability to develop complex and long-duration projects through effective client, landowner and regulator liaisons, and to develop detailed scopes of work to facilitate client goals and regulatory requirements;
- Project and team management experience is preferable, including effective management of schedules and budgets;
- Leadership skills in guiding Intermediate and Junior ESA staff on project deliverables, and ability to supportively collaborate with a diversity of QP – both of which are borne by excellent interpersonal communication and writing ability;
- Recent field experience within Western Canada and with applicable legislative frameworks;
- Strong organizational, time management, problem-solving and analytical skills.
General duties include:
- Adherence and promotion of all safety procedures;
- Data driven permitting and regulatory support services;
- Mentoring, developing and providing technical guidance to intermediate and junior staff;
- Providing advisory guidance to staff on completion of due diligence reviews for real estate/land transactions (Phase 1 ESA/Stage 1 PSI), and technical planning, field operations and monitoring guidance on intrusive investigations (Stage 2 Preliminary Site Investigations, Detailed Site Investigations and Contaminated Sites remediation for regulatory compliance);
- Agricultural land capability, remediation, reclamation and agricultural improvement projects;
- Environmental monitoring;
- Erosion and sediment control planning, project implementation, field guidance;
- Project management duties include cost tracking, invoicing, and working with deliverable deadlines;
- Leading specific tasks and objectives related to supervision/advisement of external 3rd party contractors.
Please send a cover and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Roberta Adams, Branch Manager for the Abbotsford office. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted. Application deadline: October 15, 2020.
Visit our website at www.madrone