Water Stewardship Section Head
$67,495.11 - $84,301.57 annually plus 7% OSS
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
Position Location is Prince George. Alternate locations of Smithers and Fort St John may be considered
This position is also posted as a STO REQ 57351.
The Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development is the Province’s land manager; responsible for stewardship of Provincial Crown land, cultural and natural resources. The ministry has the primary responsibility for managing BC's water resource, including authorizations, water rights management, dam safety, groundwater protection, drought planning and response, flood hazard management, and monitoring and forecasting.
Reporting to an excluded manager at the Business Leadership level, the Section Head is accountable for supervision of staff at the professional or specialist level. This position manages staff and financial resources, ensures achievement of and evaluates the outcomes of program goals and applies legislation, policies and professional standards. The Section Head leads projects and strategic initiatives to address large-scale and controversial issues within its geographic area.
You possess the ability to draw conclusions on complex technical issues, using advanced analytical reasoning and judgement skills. You have strong written and oral communication skills, exercising professionalism, tact and diplomacy to industry clients, external agencies and management. In addition, you possess the ability to effectively liaise with other industry clients, government agencies, First Nations, the public and diverse public interest groups.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the natural resource field or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered or immediately eligible (within six months) for registration, with the British Columbia professional association as required by the specialty area (e.g. Association of Forest Professionals, Institute of Agrologists, Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia)).
- Experience in negotiating and mediating solutions with stakeholders in natural resource management.
- Comprehensive experience in regulatory management in the applicable natural resource field. Water Stewardship experience preferred
- Experience managing technical and/or professional staff in resource management or infrastructure development. 3 years preferred
- Experience supervising, leading coaching and mentoring staff. 3 years experience
For more information and to apply online by February 17, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/57819
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.