Scope of Practice Workshop
Prince George Workshop -- March 21, 2019
- Afternoon open house (12pm-4pm)
- Evening presentation and social event (5:30pm-9pm)
The College of Applied Biology is convening a series of workshops on the topic of scope of practice. The goal of these workshops is to meet with applied biology professionals, other resource management professionals, and members of the public to have a conversation around the scope of practice in the application of applied biology.
The Prince George workshop is in the Cranbrook Room at the Ramada Plaza Prince George on March 21.
Here are some questions we'd like you to consider:
- What should the scope of practice for applied biology include? What shouldn't it include?
- How might applied biologists and other professionals collaborate in the field?
- What are your concerns and fears with a move to mandatory right to practice for applied biology professionals?
The evening session will feature a presentation on the new Professional Governance Act, and the College CEO will be answering questions about the Act's current status.
Both of the sessions below are open to the public and there is no cost to participate. We will be serving food to help fuel the discussions. Please sign-up through the CAB website at https://www.cab-bc.org/webform/scope-practice-workshop-prince-george-2019