Cariboo Central Interior Branch AGM
Thur. Oct. 12, 10:00 am
Location: Sandman Signature Hotel, 2990 Recplace Dr, Prince George, BC
- Coffee/Snacks available at 9:30 am
- Business Meeting 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Luncheon 12:00 – 1:00 pm
- Afternoon PD sessions - 1:00 - 4:00 pm - See below for description
- A.Ag. workshop - 4:45 - 6:30 pm (refreshments provided) (To register, go to CCI A.Ag. workshop)
- Strategic Planning - Information Gathering 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Refreshments will be offered at 9:30 am and start time will be 10:00 am.
We are looking for nominations for the New Growth Agrologist Award
New Growth Agrologist Award Criteria: If you have a new (5 years or less) or an A.Ag. that you would like to nominate.
This award is to promote good spirit, enthusiasm and camaraderie within the CCI branch. Requirements for this award:
A new P.Ag. (5 years or less) or an A.Ag., displaying the following:
- Energy and resourcefulness in work ethic,
- A clear understanding of Agrology,
- The ability to learn from the old-timers, and,
- The ability to school the old-timers
- Nomination deadline October 12th, 2017
- Nominee must be present at the AGM to receive the award
- Please provide a paragraph of why you are nominating an individual
- Please send the nominations to Rebecca Martin (email@example.com) or make the nomination in person at the Branch AGM on the 12th.
- An overview of the Environmental Assessment Office’s (EAO) Compliance and Enforcement Program including compliance oversight activities, enforcement measures used under the Environmental Assessment Act, and where to find copies of compliance self-reports, inspection reports and enforcement actions; presented by Brenda Black, P.Ag. Compliance Officer with the EAO.
- An overview of the Water Sustainability Act with particular focus on on-going activities in the Cariboo area (e.g. the Cariboo Water Tool) – presented by David Weir, Water Section Head with the Ministry of Forests Lands and Natural Resource Operations.
Strategic Planning - 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Bucket List Information Gathering Exercise – enables the quick identification of issues and priorities.
The evening session is a continuation of the afternoon "Bucket List" session.
Strategic Planning - EVENING SESSION: 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
- Interview Matrix Information Gathering Exercise – enables further brain storming on issues (i.e. those identified during the Bucket List session) and gathers ideas.
Refreshments and food will be available during this evening session!
Coming from a distance? Need billeting? Contact Rebecca Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will help you connect with people willing to billet.
Please indicate if you plan to attend only the AGM, the AGM and afternoon PD session, and/or the evening PD session. (You must be logged in to see selections and to register)