CCI Branch AGM, Professional Development presentations & AAg workshop - agenda with PD details is available now!
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018 @ 10:00 am start with 9:30am Check-in
Location: Signature Sandman, 2990 Recplace Drive, Prince George.
Register at the bottom of the page. (You MUST be logged in as a member to see the REGISTER for EVENT button)
Annual General Meeting & Professional Development Sessions - Full agenda and Draft 2017 Mtg Minutes (for approval)
- Coffee/Snacks available at 9:30 am
- Branch Annual General Meeting 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Luncheon 12:00 – 12:45 pm
- PD Sessions 12:45 – 3:15 pm
An overview of the 2017 and 2018 Wildfires and the Effects on BC’s Rangelands: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Presented by Nick Hamilton P.Ag. and Perry Grilz, P.Ag.
An overview of the Professional Reliance Review Process to date highlighting the New Directions for Regulators with a focus on Governance, Professional Reliance and Right to Practice – presented by JP Ellson, B.A, Hon Cert., L.L.B – Executive Director/Registrar of the BCIA.
An overview of how Agrology professionals fit into the Health System. Presented by Barb Oke, P.Ag. – Regional Manager, Health and Resource Development.
Barb is often asked: “why is an Agrologist working for a Health Authority?” She will try to answer that question, provide information on Northern Health’s role in natural resource management and share information on other health authority and agrology intersections. At the end of the presentation, you will have a better understanding of what determines health outcomes (and how as Agrologists, we all work for “health”) and areas where Professional Agrologists and health professionals work side by side.
- A.Ag. Workshop - The Profession of Agrology for new members as part of their AAg program 4:00 – 6:00 pm with light refreshments provided - Room: Studio 1
Articling Agrologists! Please be sure to indicate below if you plan to do your AAg intro. and attend the AAg workshop. Also, the BCIA Ethics for Professionals workshop will be offered on Friday, Oct. 19 at the Sandman Signature in Prince George. Please be sure to register.
NOTE: For those members who plan to stay overnight to attend both the Ethics workshop on Fri. Oct 19 and the CCI AGM on Sat. Oct. 20, the Signature Sandman Hotel has offered BCIA members a group rate, starting at $143 per night. Please quote the group reference # 296197 - BC Institute of Agrologists when making your reservation. Reservations are based on availability and rates will be honored up to Oct. 18.
REMINDER TO MEMBERS that the following elections will be required:
- Councilor (2 year term)
- President Elect (formerly Vice President)
- A.Ag. Coordinator
- PD Coordinator
- Directors: West, Central, South
For more information on the branch executive positions, please check out www.bcia.com/branches and the Member Resources - branche resources. If interested in any of these positions, please contact the CCI branch president, Martin Sills
The CCI branch executive would like to put a call out for nominations for the following Awards:
Nomination for New Growth Agrologist of the Year
This award is to promote good spirit, enthusiasm and camaraderie within the CCI branch! The following requirements apply:
- A new P.Ag. (5 years or less) or an A.Ag., displaying the following:
- Energy and resourcefulness in work ethic,
- A clear understanding of Agrology,
- The ability to learn from the old-timers, and,
- The ability to school the old-timers
Nomination for Innovative Agrologist
The recipient will have demonstrated through their work:
- Application of existing techniques or methods in new ways or to new situations;
- Development of new techniques or procedures;
- Innovative research (noteworthy new approach to researching a problem);
- Creative or new ways to achieve engagement/cooperation in addressing a problem; or
- Development or achievement of a sustainable (“green”) solution where such an option has not previously been employed or has faced barriers to implementation.
Please send your nominations to Rebecca Martin at Council-CCI@email.bcia.com.
The finalized Agenda is now available indicating timeline of events and content of PD Sessions.