Centre for Organizational Governance in Agriculture - Strategic Planning & Achieving Goals
Nov. 13, 9:30 am - 3:00 pm in Abbotsford
The scope and complexity of issues facing agricultural organizations seems to continually expand and
the skills, knowledge and expertise called upon from Directors and Officers grows similarly. This
workshop is designed to address emerging issues in the field of agriculture.
- SAFETI (strategic, accountable, fair, effective, transparent, inclusive) & Strategic Plans – Peter Donkers
Peter will share information about BC FIRB’s SAFETI principles, with an emphasis on ensuring that
all producers understand the importance of these principles and how they play into your strategic
- Implementation of the Strategic Plan – Michelle Koski
Michelle will draw on her experience and expertise in the agriculture industry will speak to the value
and implantation of a strategic plan.
strategic plan… now what? - TBC
- How to choose the best consultant to fit your organization’s needs and understand the expectations of the board and what to bring to the table.
PARP (Public Accountability & Reporting Project) - Al Sakalauskas
Al will speak to reporting outputs and outcomes of the strategic plan.
- CAP (Canadian Agricultural Program) Program – Lindsay Bisschop
Lindsay will speak to us about the funding availability to business and organizations under this
- Industry Update – Glen Lucas
As the General Manager of the BC Fruit Growers’ Association, Glen will provide an industry update.
- Strategic Launch of a Controversial Product – Glen Lucas
Glen will speak to us about the failures, successes, and challenges of bringing a controversial
product to market.
The cost of this workshop will be $150 plus GST, which includes snacks, lunch and course materials
Go on-line to www.bccoga.ca and click on the registration link.
Download the Brochure for more information