Science, Sampling and Mapping
Okanagan branch - BRAES Joint Professional Development Workshop
November 14, 2019, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location: University of British Columbia – Okanagan Campus
- 8:00 - Registration & Coffee
- 9:00 - Keynote: The Role and Importance of Science in Public Policy (tentative). Presenter: Dr. Kevin Hanna, Director, UBC Centre for Environmental Assessment Research. (https://ok-cear.sites.olt.ubc.ca/)
- 10:00 am - Field Sampling techniques and data acquisition.
- Soil sampling: Wayne Blashill P.Ag.
- Flora and/or Fauna TBD
- 12:00 - Lunch (provided). Please indicate you would like lunch when registering.
- 1:00 - 4:30 pm - QGIS Workshop: Mapping field sites. Presenter: Keith Duhaime P.Ag. Ph.D. Note workshop location will be at Sci 128.
- 4:30 pm - Pub and networking. All are invited to network at the pub following the workshops.
Registration: This workshop is limited to 40 participants. Register early! BCIA members register online. Non-members and students complete the registration form.
Cost: Full day of Workshops - BCIA members - $20; Non-members - $25; Students - $10 (includes lunch)
NOTE: LUNCH IS INCLUDED. (Those who paid for lunch earlier, will be reimbursed)
NOTE: Pay parking is available at UBCO.