Friday, Jan. 18
1:00 - 3:30 pm
Location: Fort St. John Legion, (10103 105 Ave. Fort St. John, BC.)
Guest speaker: JP Ellson, BCIA Executive Director/Registrar will speak about the impact on BCIA and agrologists of new Professional Governance Act which came into effect on Jan. 1, 2019.
1:00 – 1:15 pm Registration
1:15 – 2:00 Special Speaker: The Professional Governance Act & the BCIA – JP Ellson
2:00 – 2:15 Coffee Break – Networking
2:15 – 3:30 Annual General Meeting Download PDF for AGM agenda and branch reports.
Please register (be sure to log in first) if you plan to attend. AAgs please indicate if you plan to do your brief (2-3 minute) AAg presentation.
Election of Branch Executives
Kimberly Cimini of FLNRO and Timothy Repas of Roy Northern and Duncan McLeod are in charge of collecting nominations prior to and running the election during this years AGM. The positions up for election this year are the President Elect, Secretary, North Peace and South Peace directors, A.Ag, Coordinator, and the Nomination Committee. Descriptions of the positions are as follows:
- This President Elect is a 2 year position where in the second year they move into the presidents position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, filling in for the president at Branch meetings. The presidents role includes chairing Branch meetings, preparation for Branch meetings and participating in sub-committees.
- The Secretary is a 2 year position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recording branch minutes and distributing amongst members and directors also to assist president in preparation for Branch meetings.
- There is a North and a South Peace Directors position which is a one year position. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing for Branch meetings in their regions by arranging location and refreshments.
- The A.Ag Coordinator is a two year position. Their role is to ensure that all A.Ag’s in our branch are linked with a mentor. Organize at least one A.Ag and Mentors Meeting per year to discuss progress, issues, and focus and promote active A.Ag-coordinator relationships. Suggest April as potentially slow work season. Help organize and A.Ag section of the branch meeting where a selection of A.Ag’s would present information on their experience and educational backgrounds, their aspirations, suggestions to improve program as an A.Ag. A.Ag Coordinator to be a two year position with elections to be held in even years.
- The Nomination Committee is a one year position and consists of 3 members elected yearly and be responsible
for ensuring nominations for all available positions are made each year and running the election during the AGM.
If anyone is interested in running for a position or if you are currently holding a position and would like to have your name in the running for this year’s election please contact myself, Kimberly (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Tim (email@example.com).