Peace River Branch AGM & Professional Development Sessions
Date: Friday, January 31, 2020
Location: 512 Highway 2, Dawson Creek - FIXX Urban Grill, Conference room
Morning PD Sessions and Lunch:
- 9:00 to 9:30 AM – Arrival and PD Registration
- 9:30 to 10:30 AM – 1st PD session - Wetland Restoration ‐ Melanie Bird, NAIT Boreal Research Institute
- 10:30 to 11:00 AM – 2nd PD Session - Haskup Production in the Peace – Darren Shankel
- 11:00 to 11:15 AM – Coffee Break
- 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM – 3rd PD Session - Soils handling for Pipeline Construction – Todd Martin, Encana
- 12:15 to 1:15 PM – Lunch
Branch AGM: (No charge to attend ONLY AGM from 1 - 3:30 pm)
- 1:00 to 1:15 PM – AGM Registration - *Note: attendees of the morning’s PD Events must register separately for the AGM
- 1:15 to 2:00 PM – Executive Updates/Professional Governance Act Update from JP Ellson
- 2:00 to 3:30 PM – Branch AGM (draft agenda and reports will be available in the New Year)
A.Ag and P.Ag. Networking Event:
- 3:30 to 5:00 PM – Social/Networking event at the FIXX Conference room. Appetizers will be provided, with beverages available to purchase by members
*There will also be time provided for introductory presentations from A.Ags as part of their A.Ag. requirements. If you are an A.Ag. and wish to fulfill this requirement at the AGM please indicate when registering. In addition, new P.Ags will receive their certificates.*
*For the registration, you have the option to register for all three “portions” of the day separately based on the three events. (PD Sessions and lunch, AGM, Networking Event).
Cost: $30 for the professional development & lunch; $10 registration fee for the networking event following AGM
Registration for the full day will cost $40.
AGM ONLY from 1:00 - 3:30 pm - No charge
Consider running for a branch executive position! It's a great way to meet others and learn more about your local BCIA branch: Call for Nominations for Upcoming 2020 Elections
AAgs! Plan on attending? The branch executive will be looking for volunteers. Let us know when you register.