Vancouver and Fraser Valley Branches present: “Soil – I Dig it!”
November 16th, 2019 from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Location: SFU (Simon Fraser University) Surrey Campus, 250 – 13450 – 102 Avenue, Surrey, Room 5240
Please join us for a Professional Development event where we hear from speakers discussing all things soil. Topics may include enforcement and compliance, soil and fill uses in the ALR, soil relocation, soil classification, Japanese beetle and knotweed. This event is perfect for consultants, regulators, government workers, or anyone with a zest to learn.
Topics and Speakers include:
- Soil Relocation - Kerri Skelly (Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy)
- Rare Earth Metals in Soil – Bryan Shaw (CARO Analytics)
- Salt in Peatlands – Jasmeen Jatana (ALS Analytics)
- Soil Classification - Dr. Maja Krzic (Associate Professor with University of British Columbia)
- Compliance and Enforcement in the ALR - Roland Persinovic - (Agriculture Land Commission)
- Fill and Soil uses in the ALR - Allison Westin (Agriculture Land Commission)
- Invasive Species and Soils - Jason Crandall and Kathy Ma Green (Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Government of Canada and Fraser Valley Invasive Species Society)
9:00-9:15 Registration and Coffee
9:15-9:45 Soil Relocation
9:45-10:15 Rare Earth Metals in Soils
10:15-10:45 BC CSR Salt Standards in Peatlands
11:00-12:15 Soil Classification
12:45-1:15 Compliance and Enforcement in the ALR
1:15-1:45 Fill and Soil uses in the ALR
2:00-3:00 Invasive Species and Soils
- BCIA member: $50
- BCIA member’s guest (non-member): $70
- BCIA student member: $30
Registration closes on Friday, November 8, 2019. * 48 hours cancellation notice is required, or full payment will be charged
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Contact BCIA office at BC Toll Free: 1-877-855-9291
PARKING There is paid parking available at the University for a cost of $7 for the day.
TRANSIT The campus is directly next to Surrey Central Skytrain station.
** Call for A.Ag Volunteers – Multiple opportunities available to volunteer during the event. Please sign-up to volunteer during registration.
Volunteer options include: Greeters, registration desk, photographer, guest speaker introduction