Join us Saturday September 24, 2016, for a day visiting beautiful Bowen Island.
The group will board a school bus downtown Vancouver and head to Horseshoe Bay to catch the morning ferry to Bowen Island. Our day on the island will include a tour of the Grafton Lake Lands, Snug Cove Wastewater Treatment Plant and Hempcrete Natural Building. Lunch will be provided at Doc Morgan’s (we will order on-site). This fun filled full day event is open to members and guests. Note that there will be some walking. The limit is 30 people and it will be first come, first serve, so please sign up early. More information about each tour stop is included below.
MEETING LOCATION Waterfront Skytrain Station, on West Cordova. Bus (school bus) will be waiting on West Cordova right in front of Waterfront Station
- 8:30-9:00: Check in and load bus **Bus will leave at 9 am so please arrive by 8:45 am
- 9:00-9:30: Travel
- 10:05 am: Ferry to Bowen (20 minutes)
- 10:30-10:45: Travel
- 10:45-12:00: Tour the Commons Grafton Lake Lands
- 12:00-12:15: Travel
- 12:15-1:45: Lunch at Doc Morgan’s
- 1:45-2:00: Travel
- 2:00-2:30: Tour Snug Cove Wastewater Treatment Plant
- 2:30-2:45: Travel
- 2:45-4:00: Tour Hempcrete Natural Buildings site
- 4:00-4:15: Travel
- 5:15-5:45: Ferry to Horseshoe Bay
- 5:45-6:30: Transport back to Waterfront Station
COST: BCIA members - $25 Guests - $60 (enter non-member name)
The maximum capacity for the event is 30 and is open to BCIA members and guests. Please sign-up early to avoid disappointment! Registration deadline is September 20.
Register online (login in as a member) or phone registration & payment; call BC Toll Free: 1-877-855-9291 or (250) 380-9292