Vancouver and Fraser Valley Branches presents
Playing by the Rules: A Regulatory Tune-up
November 4th, 2017, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: SFU (Simon Fraser University) Surrey Campus, 13450 - 102nd Ave, Surrey, Room 5240
It is located on Galleria 5 of the main SFU Surrey Campus building. http://www.sfu.ca/content/dam/sfu/surrey/images/CampusService/CampusGuide_booklet.pdf
Please join us for a regulatory Professional Development event where we hear from speakers discussing the Water Sustainability Act, Wildlife Act, Land Act, Riparian Areas Regulation, and enforcement of these regulations. This event is a perfect regulatory introduction or refresher for consultants, regulators, government workers, or anyone with a zest to learn environmental management. Lunch and coffee will be provided.
9:00-9:15: Registration and Coffee
9:15-10:00: Land Act
10:00-10:45: Wildlife Act
11:00-11:45: Riparian Areas Regulation
11:45-12:30: Catered lunch
12:30-1:15: Water Sustainability Act
2:15-3:00: Panel discussion and Q and A
- Land Act: Thayer Nugent. Senior Authorizations Officer (Lands) of the MFLNRO South Coast Region.
- Wildlife Act: Kristina Lensky, Section Head for Fish and Aquatic Wildlife Resources of the MFLNRO South Coast Region.
- Riparian Areas Regulation: Caroline Astley M.Sc., R.P.Bio., Project Manager / TEM Specialist (Wildlife and Vegetation) from Hemmera.
- Water Sustainability Act: Remko Rosenboom, Manager for Water Authorizations and Malissa Smith, MRM, RP.Bio., P.Ag Senior Licensed Authorizations Officer – Water of the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development (MFLNRO) South Coast Region.
- Enforcement Officer: Murray Watt, Compliance and Enforcement Specialist of the MFLNRO South Coast Region and Sea to Sky district.
COST BCIA member: $50
BCIA member’s guest (non-member): $70
BCIA student member: $30
Space is limited. Please sign-up early to avoid disappointment! All registrations must be completed prior to Friday October 27, 2017.
* 48 hours cancellation notice is required or full payment will be charged
BCIA members register online (below)
Non-members, please complete and email the Registration form or call BC Toll Free: 1-877-855-9291 or (250) 380-9292
Questions can be directed to: PD-Vancouver@email.bcia.com
PARKING There is paid parking available at the University for a cost of $7 for the day.
TRANSIT The campus is directly next to Surrey Central Skytrain station.
This event is open to members of both Vancouver and Fraser Valley branches.