Location: Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, Westshore Ballroom
The Victoria and Islands Branch AGM will be held in Langford at the Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway at 829 Mccallum Road, Victoria, BC, on Saturday, November 5th. After the AGM and lunch, BCIA members can tour Tod Creek Craft Cidery, Victoria's newest Craft Cider maker. AAg's can attend the AAg Workshop - The Profession of Agrology instead if they still need it as part of their AAg program.
Ethics for Professionals workshop is being offered for AAg's on Friday, November 4th at the Four Points Sheraton. P.Ag.'s who would like to take the course as a refresher, can do so at no charge. Email email@example.com to register.
10:00 am - Victoria Branch AGM
- Download draft Agenda
- Download Branch Executive Reports
- Download draft 2015 Branch AGM Meeting Minutes
noon - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 pm - Professional Development (Members select one)
Tea and coffee will be available at 9:30 am for sign in. The annual general meeting (AGM) starts at 10:00 am. After the AGM a hot buffet lunch will be served, offering both meat and vegetarian dishes. If you have any special dietary needs, please indicate when registering by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The AGM will include Executive reports and discussions. There will also be time provided for introductory presentations from A.Ag.'s as part of their A.Ag. requirements. If you are an A.Ag. and wish to fulfill this requirement at the AGM please contact Cindy Walsh, P.Ag., A.Ag. Coordinator, directly at Cindy.Walsh@gov.bc.ca . In addition, new P.Ag.'s will receive their certificates.
Executive Positions to Fill
The following Branch Executive positions need to be elected at this AGM:
- A.Ag Coordinator – This position is a one year commitment.
- Director – Up to two positions are available and is a one year commitment.
- PD Coordinator – This position is also a one year commitment.
- President Elect - If you are interested in leading this active group of professionals please put your name forward. The commitment is for 3 years with the first year as President Elect, the next as President, and the third as Past President.
- Provincial Councillor – This position is a two year commitment. This position sits on the BCIA Council.
- Secretary – This position is a one year commitment.
- Treasurer – This position is a two year commitment.
For information on the Branch Executive and an explanation of the Branch Executive Committee Positions, visit https://www.bcia.com/branches . If you are interested in any of these positions or have questions, please contact Kevin Tattrie, P.Ag., Branch President at email@example.com .
Branch Recognition Award Nominations
The Victoria and Islands Branch has a Branch Recognition Award where the recipient receives a plaque. The criteria for nominations requires that the recipient be an active member of the branch, has been a leader in the field of agrology in their chosen specialty and has been active in encouraging the development of the profession. If you know of a branch member who deserves this recognition award please nominate them today along with your reasons why, and forward them to Esther Parker, P.Ag., Branch Secretary, Esther.Parker@gov.bc.ca .
Registration: NO Charge for BCIA Members Guests: $15 (please contact the BCIA office to pay)
Register online at www.bcia.com >Branches > Victoria & Islands Branch, please login and choose either 1) - Full day with tour or 2) Full day with A.Ag. workshop or 3) AGM only (no lunch) or 4) Field tour only