At the 2018 AGM held on May 31, 2018 in Fort St. John, the following motion was carried by a vote of 120 to 4. "Be it Resolved that the motion of BCIA Council dated Nov. 24, 2017 respecting an increase in the annual dues of $75.00 for all P.Ag and A.Ag members of BCIA is ratified." As a result the 2019 membership dues will change to $475.00 for P.Ags and $415.00 for AAgs. PAg (Retired) members and members on leave the dues will not change for 2019.
All dues and fees are in Canadian currency. No PST or GST required.
Mandatory PD Activity
|P.Ag.||$400.00||$475.00||required minimum of 30 PD hours/125 PD hrs over 3 year reporting period|
|A.Ag.||$340.00||$415.00||required minimum of 30 PD hours/125 PD hrs over 3 year reporting period|
|Retired||$50.00||$50.00||PD hours not required|
|Retired 75+||No Fee||No Fee||PD hours not required|
|Student||No Fee||No Fee||PD hours not required|
|Medical Leave||$75.00||$75.00||required minimum of 15 PD hours; 3 year max to remain on leave|
|Education Leave||$75.00||$75.00||required minimum of 15 PD hours; 3 year max to remain on leave (includes A.Ags who wish to suspend the A.Ag. program while in grad studies)|
|Parental Leave||$75.00||$75.00||required minimum of 15 PD hours; 3 year max to remain on leave|
required minimum of 15 PD hours; 3 year max to remain on leave
Late Fee: $100.00 (was $50.00) Reinstatement Fee: $125.00 (was $75.00) *NEW* Increases approved by Council November 24, 2018
A.Ag. Extension Fee: An extension fee of $60.00 is applied to A.Ag. membership dues (to equal P.Ag. dues) if 3+ years is maintained as an active A.Ag. It is the expectation that the A.Ag. will complete the articling program within three years.
Policy on Prorating Dues for Newly Approved Members, Newly Minted P.Ags or those Returning to Active Status from On Leave for the Year
Full fees up to March 31, ¾ up to June 30, ½ up to September 30, and ¼ to December 31.
A.Ag. to P.Ag. Membership Dues Differentials as of January 1, 2019 *NEW* Approved by Council November 24, 2018
Policy on Payment, Removal from Register (Discontinued) and Reinstatement
Invoices to be sent December 1 or sooner for the next year. Payment may be by cash, cheque or credit card. An email is sent to non-payees after the payable date of February 15 notifying that the late fee was added and reminding of removal from register (Discontinued) if unpaid up to April 1st. If not paid prior to April 1st a registered letter is mailed indicating the member has been stricken from the register (Discontinued). Additional penalties are incurred if reinstatement is requested in the future. Resigning in Good Standing, by submitting the appropriate form, prior to the noted deadlines is strongly encouraged.
Policy on Medical Leave, Education Leave, Parental Leave or Agrologist On Leave
Cannot use the A.Ag. or P.Ag. designation or hold themselves out to be a P.Ag. or A.Ag. Cannot vote in Institute affairs nor hold office. May stay on leave for up to 3 years before having to return to active status.
Once paid there are no refunds of dues or fees unless requested prior to the start of the fiscal year for which the payment is made.
Under the FEES sections, the BCIA Bylaws state:
22. Members shall be required to pay admission, annual dues and reinstatement fees in the amounts as set out in Schedule A of these Bylaws.
Payment of Fees
23. If a Member fails to pay the annual membership fee by 11:59 pm Pacific Time on February 15 of the year in which it is due, a late fee in an amount set out in Schedule A of these Bylaws will be added to the annual membership fee.
24. The Registrar shall remove a Member from the register if the Member fails to pay the annual membership fee plus the late fee prior to April 1 of the year in which the annual membership fee is due.
25. An applicant for reinstatement who has been removed from the register for non-payment of fees shall, as a condition of reinstatement, pay the fees for the year in which the applicant failed to pay fees plus any late fee, and the fees for the year for which the applicant seeks reinstatement, plus a reinstatement fee in an amount as set out in Schedule A.
26. A Member who has been removed from the register for non-payment of fees, and who has not applied for reinstatement within five years of removal shall not be eligible for reinstatement as described under section 6 or 7 above, and must submit a new application for registration
A Member who has Resigned in Good Standing
33. To resign in good standing from membership in the Institute, a Member must deliver a resignation in writing to the Registrar.
34. A Member who has resigned in good standing may make an application for reinstatement within five years of the resignation date, upon payment of the pro-rated fees for the year in which the applicant seeks reinstatement, without requirement for payment of a reinstatement fee. If reinstatement is requested within the fourth or fifth year following resignation, evidence of professional development during that term satisfactory to the Registrar must also be provided.
35. A Member who has resigned in good standing who has not applied for reinstatement within five years of the resignation date will not be eligible for reinstatement under section 34, and must submit a new application for registration.