For New Member Applicants Only - Note NEW Membership Criteria effective January 1, 2018
Apply Online OR By Mail
Include with your online application:
- PDF of your Resume
- PDF of Academic Worksheet
- Payment of application fee
- Term reduction request if applicable*
Official transcripts of degree(s) and transfer credits MUST be mailed. If applicable, ICES comprehensive evaluations MUST be mailed with copies of transcripts included with the application package. See application checklist
Apply by Mail
Include the following in your application package:
- Application Form
- Academic Worksheet
- Sealed Official transcripts for degree(s) and transfer credits MAY be included in your package OR mailed directly by the post-secondary institution.
- Term request if applicable*
- Payment of application fee & annual dues by credit card or cheque
The application package (see checklist below) must be mailed to the BCIA office - NO scanned/emailed/faxed applications please.
Application Fee: $200.00 - non refundable
This fee is for processing all documents. The fee will be processed once the application is submitted or received.
BCIA will waive half ($100.00) of the new member application fee if a new graduate with a degree applies for membership within 180 days (6 months) from their official graduation.
Annual Dues: $340.00
Dues may be pro-rated depending on date of registration. See Membership dues.
Please enclose or mail separately official sealed transcripts for degree(s), credentials & all transfer credits.
Applicants with degrees granted from outside of Canada must have their transcripts evaluated by the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES) – 3700 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5G 3H2
Ph: (604) 432-8800 Fax: (604) 435-7033 Toll-free: 1-866-434-9197 Website: www.bcit.ca/ices
Ask for the comprehensive assessment, as required by the BC Institute of Agrologists
- Completed Application Form
- Completed Academic Worksheet
- Official Sealed Transcripts - (copies accepted only if evaluated by ICES). Comprehensive reviews by WES and IQAS are also accepted.
- ICES official evaluation, if applicable (no copies)
- Resume – including employment history with month and year
- Term Request if applicable*
- Application Fee - $200.00 ($100.00 if applicable)
- Annual Dues - $340.00
Your application will only be reviewed on receipt of all of the above. The application fee will be processed once the application form has been received.
*Applicants with extensive continuous work experience (6 years +) in Agrology after university graduation including 2 years within Canada may request a reduction (by a covering letter with reasons to back your request ) of the Articling term from two years to one. ALSO include letter(s) of employment for verification. This request can only be done at time of application. Ultimately it is at the discretion of the credentials committee to grant this request. All A.Ag. program activities must still be completed.
See Applicant Questions for additional information.