P.Ags, A.Ags or AITs who are members in good standing (having paid the current year membership dues) with another provincial institute of agrology may transfer their membership to BCIA directly or take dual membership in both BC and their home province.
Consistent with the terms of the BC/AB Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement (TILMA) and the Canadian Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT), BCIA will recognize (for the purposes of granting a licence) those occupations/trades which are currently fully licensed and in good standing from any other regulatory body in Canada.
OR Mail in the appropriate Request Form
Include with your application:
- A copy of your current resume (Must be PDF if applying online)
- $75.00 application fee
- $475.00 P.Ag. membership dues (if applicable)
- Additional fees for self inking P.Ag. stamp and/or framed certificate*
In addition, you will need to contact the Registrar of your current agrology institute to request a copy of your file be submitted to BCIA.
Once all materials are received and processed by BCIA the transfer / dual member will be issued a welcome letter and package.
BCIA does not have an active category for Ag Techs or similar designations and hence are unable to accept members of another institute carrying these designations at this time.
- BCIA can provide a framed/matted certificate and/or member's stamp for additional costs. (Unframed certificate is no charge.)
- A.Ag. transferees should expect to be invoiced for a future framed/matted P.Ag. certificate at the current fee.