Online credit card payments by Master card or Visa are accepted. Payment can also be made by mailing a cheque or credit card details to BCIA along with a copy of the invoice. NOTE: Mailed or phone in payments will NOT be processed until the required minimum PD hours for 2019 AND area(s) of practice for 2019 have been reported.
When paying by credit card, you will receive a processing receipt via email. If you require an official hardcopy receipt and/or a membership card you can access that via your member profile >Dues Invoices/Receipts after your payment has been processed.
DEADLINE FOR DUES IS FEBRUARY 15, 2020 but we encourage members to pay 2020 dues before December 31, 2019.
BEFORE PAYING DUES
- Members are required to report all 2019 Professional Development activities AND declare 2019 Area(s) of Practice.
- Once 2019 PD is reported AND area(s) of practice are declared, the PAY NOW button will appear on your invoice.
- Members who do not report the required annual minimum of 30 PDH will see a pop up screen and must respond to one of the following questions:
- I understand the PD requirements and will declare more PDH for 2019 before Feb. 15, 2020.
- I understand that as I have declared less than the required minimum of 30 PDH for 2019, I will be required to complete and submit a PD workplan for 2020.
- I understand the PD requirements. I was a new member or on leave in 2019.
- Once one of the above choices is selected, the PAY NOW button will appear on the invoice.
P.Ag.(Retired) members are exempt from PD reporting but are required to complete the online Status Declaration. A link to the Status Declaration is available on the invoice. Complete online or submit the P.Ag.(Retired) declaration in paper form found under Member Forms and Guides, before payment is accepted.
Student members are exempt from PD reporting and payment of dues but are required to complete the online Status Declaration also found behind the member log-in within the member invoice (at $0.00).
Articling Agrologists with 3 + years at A.Ag status: An extension fee of $60 has been added to 2020 invoices.
Change of Status/ On Leave Status
Members who plan to retire, resign or go on leave MUST complete a Change of Status form. Members who do not notify the BCIA office of on leave status are subject to the minimum PD requirements of regulated status.
Members returning to active regulated status must complete and submit Returning to Regulated Status form, and ensure all PD is reported and up to date. No refunds will be provided if a member submits a change of status following the payment of 2020 dues.
If employment or contact information (phone, email, mailing address) has changed please visit the website at www.bcia.com and update.
BCIA members may make their contact information available to other BCIA members or to the public. Releasing contact information to the public makes your name and areas of practice available under Find an Agrologist. For more information on how to release contact information, go to Navigating the Members Section.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 250-380-9292/BC Toll Free at 1-877-855-9291.